5 Surefire Ways REAL ESTATE AGENT Will Drive Your Business Into The Ground
Deciding whether or not to employ a real estate agent when you buy or sell the next home is a question that you may have asked yourself before. If you are uncertain if it would be beneficial to use a Real Estate Agent, maybe this article can help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors shows that ON THE MARKET By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the common FSBO listing sold for $150,000 while the average agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they are able to save time and money by selling the home on their own, this is often false. They also usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their house FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to spend on all aspects of the sale. This would be marketing the house, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether or not they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the house.
? Selling the home inside a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the biggest investment most people will make within their lives. Whether you’re investing in a new home or selling your existing home, an agent might help protect your interests and potentially save a substantial amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both the homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is usually not required to pay the real estate agent. When a agent represents a home buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is purchased by the seller of the house. The commission is taken out of the sales price.
2. Real estate agents have access to the MLS (MLS). Silicon Valley The MLS is a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them probably the most up today info on homes that are for sale in your area.
This service is not open to the general public. With the MLS an agent can find out information about the home like, taxes, just how long it’s been listed, price changes, special features on the house etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the region. A real estate agent will be able to tell you about a nearby, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are offered in the areas that you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents learn how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a home can often get very difficult. In today’s market it is not uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often real estate agents will be able to negotiate items in the home like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture in to the sale of the house. Your realtors job is to make sure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you’ll have a lot of tasks that require to be completed in a brief period of time. Your agent can help you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. Once you actually consider all the things your agent will do for you from enough time they list the home to the time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is usually money well spent. Quite often an agent can help you get your house sold considerably faster and for more money than you could have all on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose a realtor that lives in your area. This agent will understand a nearby, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents discover how to sell your home. This is their job, and exactly like any other job if they don’t do a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and really should know what they’re doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents background prior to letting them sell your home. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in this market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the home.
4. Agents know what can make houses sell. Your agent should be able to give you advice on what could possibly be done to the home to get it sold quicker. Anything from staging the house to making minor repairs or upgrades.